A delicious mix of fresh berries, yoghurt, muesli and grape nuts.
This simple to make breakfast provides a balanced amount of nutrients to ensure sustained energy throughout your morning. It’s perfect combination of carbohydrates, protein, fat as well as fiber and a dose of vitamins.
The mixture of creamy yoghurt, juicy berries and crunchy muesli and grape nuts will ensure to satisfy and wake up your sleepy taste buds.
I started adding grape nuts to my breakfast not only due to their characteristic crunchy texture and the fact that they contain no added sugar like most other cereals out there, but also because of their numerous health benefits.
Here are a few reasons why grape nuts are good for you:
- Good source of fiber, contributing to improved bowel movement and prevention of constipation.
- Source of B group vitamins such as thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, folic acid, B12, all of which are required for healthy nervous system.
- Iron content in grape nuts accounts for 90% of the daily requirement.
- Weight management – low-fat content.
- Source of potassium – a mineral which acts to supply energy to our muscles. It regulates our heart beat and also plays a vital role in fluid balancing.
- Source of zinc which plays an important role in vital functions such as protecting our nervous system , helping hair growth and maintaining skin texture.
Layered Muesli Berry Breakfast Recipe is follows:
- Handful of mixed berries (raspberries and blueberries)
- Honey – 1 teaspoon
- Greek Yoghurt – ½ cup
- Mixed nut muesli – ¼ cup
- Grape nuts – ¼ cup
- Ground Linseed – 1 teaspoon
- Ground cinnamon – ½ teaspoon
Add the fruit to a bowl and mash into a puree using a fork. Then blend in the honey and linseed. Mix well. Pour the mixture into the base of a glass. Add the yogurt over the top. Mix the muesli, grape nuts and cinnamon in a separate bowl then sprinkle over the yoghurt.
- Is Grape Nuts Cereal Healthy? – http://www.healthguidance.org/entry/13741/1/Is-Grape-Nuts-Cereal-Healthy.html