Do you need to add some vitality and glow to your skin? This facial mask can be a great option. It will leave your skin feeling refreshed and moisturized. Having started to do it at least once a week I can definitely feel the results.
Once again coconut oil is one of the main ingredients similarly to the recent hair mask that I tried. Coconut oil acts a skin softener, protects from microbial infections, adds glow and can delay the ageing process.
The next star ingredient is another favourite of mine – curcumin (also known as turmeric). Yes, that’s right – curcumin is not only beneficial internally but also externally. Laboratory studies have shown that curcumin possesses antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, and anticancer activities regarding its effect on skin health.
Finally, the other two ingredients that are also well-known for their numerous skin benefits are honey (great moisturiser and antioxidant; has anti-microbial properties) and yogurt (rich in zinc which accelerates renewal of skin cells; contains lactic acid which helps to smooth the skin as well as to dissolve dead skin that accumulates in the pores; has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties).
So here is the summary of all you need to make this rejuvenating facial mask.
- 1 heaping tsp of coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp of ground curcumin
- 1 tsp of honey (preferably raw, unprocessed)
- 1 tsp of yogurt
Melt the coconut oil, by gently heating it. In a small glass bowl combine the melted oil, honey and ground curcumin and stir until everything has been fully dissolved. Finally, add the yogurt and mix well.
Apply the mask evenly on dry skin, after a shower or after washing your face with warm water. Leave on for 15-20 minutes. Rinse well with warm water and pat dry.
Note: The curcumin has a natural bright-yellow colour, which when applied on skin can be washed off with warm water. In addition you can also use cotton soaked in lemon juice to wipe off any colour residues.
1. Curcumin and Your Skin – The Amazing Skin Regenerating Power of Curcumin – http://www.aor.ca/curcumin-and-your-skin-the-amazing-skin-regenerating-power-of-curcumin/
2. Coconut Oil for Skin – https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/oils/coconut-oil-for-skin.html
3. Zinc: Essential for Human Health- http://www.zinc.org/info/zinc_essential_for_human_health
4. What Are the Benefits of Yogurt Mask –http://www.livestrong.com/article/28292-benefits-yogurt-mask/