Pumpkin pie-flavoured smoothie: a delicious blend of pumpkin, carrot, banana, yoghurt, ground flaxseed and spices
As pumpkins are currently in season and can be seen in almost every shop and marketplace I thought to make the most of this opportunity and try out a few different recipes, one of which was this tasty breakfast smoothie.
With creamy texture, and autumn-like colours and flavours that are perfect for this time of the year, the pumpkin pie-flavoured smoothie is definitely worth giving a try!
Pumpkin Nutrition Facts
- Low in saturated fat
- Very low in cholesterol and sodium
- Good source of dietary fibre
- Source of vitamins: vitamin A, vitamin C, riboflavin, vitamin E (alpha tocopherol), thiamin niacin, vitamin B6, and folate
- Source of minerals: potassium, copper, manganese, iron, magnesium and phosphorus
Pumpkin-pie flavoured SMOOTHIE
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree or slices (fresh or cooked)
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup of natural Greek yoghurt (or soy yoghurt)
- 1 tbsp of honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp of ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp of allspice
Purée all the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
1.Nutrition Facts: Pumpkin, cooked, boiled, drained, without salt – http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2601/2